24 August 2023

Lickle Boyz go to Ipswich...

Four lads go to Ipswich...
for various reasons, only two of us turn up!
I didn't soil myself on the long trek down the A14 in Col's hairdresser-mobile!
Apartment was on the waterfront, high, & lovely.
The water I don't really remember -
other than me Ma worked in a cafe down the docks...
which have changed so very much, I'm guessing!
We meandered Ipswich as Bactrian camels pad Mongolian steppe...
some of it was history - some, rather private!
All my brothers were born in Ipswich. Stuff happened...
we went far away. None of us came back in 5 & a half decades!
Great buildings: including 12 medieval churches, many of which could be seen from the apartment... a busy, lively - even tense - town. Liked it!

Me bro eats cereal, Go Ahead biccies, sarnies, the occasional Muller Corner...
no beer & recalcitrant poops became kinda de rigeur!
There was also Foster & Cheesman's Willis Building...
which is fucking magnificent by the way!

This was a tough reflection, edit, & post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment